IBEW LOCAL 295
Little Rock, Arkansas
IBEW Local 295 Paycheck Protection
Continue getting paid if you’re unable to work due to illness, injury, or death!
Plan Information Overview
– Short-Term Disability (STD) pays for up to 24 weeks
– Long-Term Disability (LTD) pays for up to 5 years
– Life Insurance w/ AD&D for Member, Spouse, and/or Child(ren)
No medical tests, questions, or underwriting to enroll; no active working member of the IBEW Local 295 can be denied coverage!
Is What You Currently Have Enough?
Short-Term Disability (STD)
IBEW Local 295 members currently receive $250/week through our Health and Welfare Fund for 26 weeks. 80% of your weekly income could be lost.
Long-Term Disability (LTD)
The Local 295 Health and Welfare Fund does not offer Long-Term Disability and you’ll have ZERO income after 26 weeks. 100% of your monthly income could be lost.
There are minimal burial benefits provided through the International.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Disability FAQ
It is important to understand that these Life and Disability benefits DO cover COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in the event that you contract the virus and cannot work (to include being quarantined after being diagnosed with COVID-19) or pass away as a result of the virus.
Furthermore, if you experience a work stoppage due to COVID-19 and are not actively working on the effective date of coverage; you can still enroll, be covered on the effective date of coverage and continue being covered while out of work through July 31st, 2020 as long as premiums are paid.
The below list provides the main parameters a member’s claim must meet in order to be eligible to file a claim for the Coronavirus. However, there may be other factors that would impact a Coronavirus claim.
- Only cases of the Coronavirus that are medically diagnosed and documented by a medical professional would constitute as eligible for benefits
- Members who are quarantined due to testing positive for Coronavirus would be eligible for benefits
- Members who are quarantined as a preventative measure and do not have an official Coronavirus diagnosis by a medical professional would not be eligible for benefits, including, but not limited to;
– Jobsite shutdowns for preventative measures
– Furloughs, layoffs, etc.
– Care for a loved one who has been diagnosed or exposed
- The normal waiting period still applies, so the member needs to be held out of work by a medical professional for longer than their waiting period in order to be eligible
Members enrolling for coverage now, but who do not yet have effective coverage, would not have an eligible Coronavirus claim if:
- The member enrolls now for a future coverage effective date and already has a medically diagnosed case of Coronavirus or has seen their doctor for signs/symptoms of the Coronavirus
- The member’s coverage is not effective and in force prior to seeing a medical professional or being diagnosed
Please call us at (224) 770−5305 for more information.